Application of the Critical Theory
Signature Files for your E-Mail -- Try to bring about a more just, humane, rational, and reconciled society by causing your reader to think and analyze their life.
One way of doing this is by adding a statement at the end of every e-mail message that you send.
These statements are known as a "signature files."
If you do not know how to build a signature file click this line.
Those statements below with no credit to an author need to be discovered.
If you know who wrote or said them, please E-Mail me and I will give them proper credit.
"A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket and rejoices that the system works" - Bill Vaughan
"The next best thing to knowing the actual answer is knowing where to find it in a library" - Lucian Rosu, Professor of History at WMU"
"No Woman can call herself free who does not own and control her own body"
"Hands that help are better far than lips that pray" - Robert Ingersoll
"They first came for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
- "Reporters are only as liberal as the conservative businessmen that own them"
- "No Body Bags for Oil"
- "People who are willing to sacrifice freedom in exchange for security will receive neither" - B. Franklin
- "I enjoy talking to very old men, for they have gone before us, as it were, on a road that we too may have to tread,
and it seems to me that we should find out from them what it is like and whether it is rough and difficult or broad and easy." -- Socrates
- "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people... it is true that most stupid people are conservative" - John Stuart Mill
- "Those who would trade liberty for a small security will have neither" - Thomas Jefferson
- "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
- "Greed rules in a nation of fools"
- "Fascism: the conservative notion that killing people makes them work harder"
- "Sex education IS birth control"
- "Help the stock market break 15,000 - have a corporate merger and fire half your employees"
- "Not to be involved in the great issues of your time is not to have lived" - Robert F. Kennedy
- "If you're not outraged about the condition of our nation, you're not paying attention!"
- "I have never seen a bad television program, because I refuse to. God gave me a mind and a wrist that turns things off" - Jack Parr
- "When I gave food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
- The most asinine statement of 1992 "Feminism encourages women to leave their husband, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians" - Reverend Pat Robertson at the GOP Convention.
- "I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat" - Rebecca West (1913)
- "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people"
- "Men of Quality Respect Women's Equality"
- "A women is man's credentials to his humanity"
- "Homophobia is insecurity about being Heterosexual"
- "History teaches us that people have never learned anything from History" - G.W.F. Hegel
- "If men be good, government cannot be bad" - William Penn
Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Trade Unionist and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me and by that time no one was left to speak up"
- Pastor Martin Niemoeller, a Nazi Victim.
If you would like to see the statements that I have created and used in the pass, click this line.
Revised on August 11, 2000.