Broaden your Mind!
- ACLU: "The American Civil Liberties Union throughout the years has demonstrated total dedication to our Bill of Rights and to the conception of due process, equality and life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." -- Arthur J. Goldberg, Associate Justice, U.S. Supreme Court, 1962-65
- AFL-CIO - PayWatch: your online center for learning about the excessive salaries, bonuses and perks of the CEOs of major corporations.
- Blue Ribbon Campaign: An organization fighting to maintain online free speech.
- Corporate Welfare: The Shame Page (This site maybe gone, but not forgotten.)
- CorpWatch.org: Through education and activism, CorpWatch works to hold corporations accountable on issues of human rights, labor rights and environmental justice.
- Democracy Now!: "For true democracy to work, people need easy access to INDEPENDENT, diverse sources of news and information."
- Echelon Watch: This site is designed to encourage public discussion of this potential threat to civil liberties by Project ECHELON and to urge the governments of the world to protect our rights.
- Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting: is a watch group that offers well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship inorder to combat mainstream media that has grown increasingly close to the economic and political powers they should be watchdogging. They also have a large section devoted to correcting the errors of Rush Limbaugh.
- FOX TV GBH Suit: Is your milk supply safe? Learn how some dairymen are injecting their cows with the artificial hormone BGH, a artificial hormone which many scientists have link to cancer.
- HateWatch: Is a non-profit Web Site that monitors the growing and evolving threat of hate groups on the Internet.
- Illuminations offers biography's on past and present Critical Theorist.
- Impeach Bush Campaign: Professor Francis Boyle's nonpartisan attemp to impeach Bush II (a.k.a George W. Bush).
- INFACT: is a national grassroots organization whose purpose is to stop life-threatening abuses by transnational corporations and increase their accountability to people around the world. Since 1977, INFACT has been educating the public about dangerous abuses of power by giant corporations and organizing millions of people to take action to change corporate behavior.
- Infidels.org: is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing information about the issue of church and state separation, and the interaction between science and religion.
- Logos is a new quarterly journal attempting to extend the Critical Theory into the 21st century.
The journal will focus on modern culture, politics and society which features articles on the arts, politics, culture, the social sciences and humanities as well as original fiction and poetry.
According to the editor, Michael Thompson, the Logos advisory board includes Steve Bronner and Doug Kellner.
- McSpotlight: The McInformation Network is dedicated to compiling and disseminating factual, accurate, up-to-date information - and encouraging debate - about the workings, policies and practices of the McDonald's Corporation and all they stand for.
- Michael Moore's Web page: If you don't know who Michael Moore is, it's about time you did.
- Peacefire.org: "Peacefire.org was created in August 1996 to represent the interests of people under 18 in the debate over freedom of speech on the Internet"
- Polling Report.com: "An independent, nonpartisan resource on trends in American public opinion"
- Physicians for a National Health Program - the PNHP is a not-for-profit organization of physicians, medical students, and other health care professionals that support a national health insurance (NHI) program.
Specifically, they believe that a single-payer system is the only solution to solving the United States' many health care problems.
- Project Censored: The News that Didn't Make the News and Why
- Promoting Government Accountability: OMB Watch was formed in 1983 to lift the veil of secrecy shrouding the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), which oversees regulation, the budget, information co llection and dissemination, proposed legislation, testimony by agencies, and much more.
- Public Citizen - "Founded by Ralph Nader in 1971, Public Citizen is the consumer's eyes and ears in Washington. With the support of more than 150,000 people like you, we fight for safer drugs and medical devices, cleaner and safer energy sources, a cleaner environment, fair trade, and a more open and democratic government."
- School of Americas Watch: is an independent organization that seeks to close the US Army "School of the Americas" through vigils and fasts, demonstrations and nonviolent protest, as well as media and legislative work.
- Skeleton Closet - "All the Dirt on All the Candidates, Because character DOES matter"
- Student Loan Debt Clock - What does it say about a country when it treats its citizens like ATMs
- Southern Poverty Law Center: The Southern Poverty Law Center, founded in 1971, is a non-profit organization that combats hate, intolerance, and discrimination through education and litigation.
- World Bank Boycott Campaign
For Your Information...
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias...