Application of the Critical Theory
National Women's History Month is observed annually during the month of March.
Help celebrate Women's History Month by telling everyone you know.
Did you know....
- If "Barbie" were a real woman, she could not walk because her lower body could not support her upper body.
The only way "Barbie" could move around is by crawling around like a baby.
- If shop mannequins were real women, they'd be too thin to menstruate and be unable to bear children!
- There are only 8 supermodels in the world and 3 billion women who don't even look like them.
- Supermodels do not occur naturally in nature.
- Models twenty years ago weighed 8% less than the average woman, today's models weigh 23% less than the average woman.
- Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12.
- The average American woman weighs 144 lbs. and wears clothing between size 12 and 14.
- One out of every 4 college aged women has an eating disorder.
- Every magazine is guilty of airbrushing female models to give them larger breasts and/or to make them look thinner.
- A psychological study in 1995 found that 3 minutes spent looking at models in a fashion magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed, guilty and shameful.
Help stop the myth that 'every women can become a supermodel'.
Send these factoids to everyone you know.
Don't be guilty of hiding the truth.
If you would like to learn more about Women's History, visit some of the following URLs or use a search engine to find "Women's History".